"What Are Headers ? &
"I Can't See Headers!" &
"Why Should I Want Headers ?"
You've Got Email Incoming Problems ? eg:
- You don't know which old address a list mail is being
sent to, & forwarded on to your current address, so you
don't know which address to remove from a list ?
- You don't trust someone claiming to be mailing from
your bank ?
- You want to know where some weird/ unwanted mail maybe
a spam really came from ?
- You want to help your net provider deal with some
- You hope to persuade someone unpaid, to give their free
time to help you with your mail problem ?
(This owner of mail lists) never
wastes time on those who do not provide mail
- So Learn to access your headers, so you can inspect
&/ or forward intact for analysis !
I Cannot Do It For You
- I do not use or know your mailer software:
- I do not use Any Microsoft Nor Apple etc !
- I am a commercial computer consultant who
works only with & recommends only Free Software on Unix, eg
BSD, Linux, Android etc.
- I am Not an unpaid help desk.
- Many hundreds of people on the many free
Berklix mail lists all pay nothing, &
No Berklix list or web page generates any advertising or
other revenue, Berklix.Org is a uniquely Free
resource, but No One pays anything to hand hold the idle who refuse
to learn to help themselves.
- Explore your mailer software, ask your supplier, or dump
your mailer & get something better.
How To Display Mail Headers in Various Mail Readers
- Eudora 4.0:, click on the "Blah blah ..." button.
- PMMail: click on "Window->Show entire
(**) That advice 2015-07 from ezmlm @ httpd.apache.org
(mail server for Apache Httpd devs & users) :
OpenWebMail in a
web browser eg firefox etc.
(OpenWebMail also runs on
Click on a mail, then click the "All headers"
EXMH on + X Windows, + any Unix eg BSD & Linux etc.
Middle mouse key on left scroll bar, scroll up;
or Click Forward.
Use a search
engine with this phrase: "How To Display Email
Tips for other MUAs (= Mailer User Agents) ? If not linked below, please mail author
so he can document it here to help your fellow
Here's Lots More Solutions: